Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Selecting a China Pattern

I had a really good time playing with the different font styles that Microsoft Word offers its user. It was too hard to pick just one font that I liked. . .so I picked a formal, a serious/business-oriented, and a casual font to describe myself. I did this because everyone has different personalities according to different situations.
This reminds me of selecting china. My mother has formal china, what she calls "inbetween" china, and "everyday" china. Before she married, she registered all of these three different types of china patterns at the china store. I suppose she picked patterns that she felt represented her and reflected elements of her personality.
In formal font I chose the "blackladder ITC" which has a cursive look to it. This is something that I would use for an invitation. . .I like it because it looks old-fashioned.
For my serious/business font, I chose the "Georgia" which seems to say, "I'm serious, but still laid-back."
Lastly, for my casual/everyday font, I chose the "Imprint MT Shadow" which is playful yet legible because I feel that those adjectives also describe me.

No comments: